Sea and Sage House

Sea and Sage HouseThe blue house used by the Sea and Sage Audubon Society for its administrative offices, is the oldest house on the Marsh Campus. Originally known as the Cook House and built in 1900, this house was originally located in the middle of what is how the El Toro Marine Corps Air Station. The house was first occupied by George Cook, an industrious man who at one time leased the world's largest lima bean field (17,000 acres) from James Irvine. This house was moved to 14882 Sand Canyon Avenue in 1941 when the government established the air base. It was then moved to the Marsh in 1990.