Sea and Sage House

Sea and Sage House

Sea and Sage HouseThe blue house used by the Sea and Sage Audubon Society for its administrative offices, is the oldest house on the Marsh Campus. Originally known as the Cook House and built in 1900, this house was originally located in the middle of what is how the El Toro Marine Corps Air Station. The house was first occupied by George Cook, an industrious man who at one time leased the world's largest lima bean field (17,000 acres) from James Irvine. This house was moved to 14882 Sand Canyon Avenue in 1941 when the government established the air base. It was then moved to the Marsh in 1990.

 

Latest News

energy-storage-award
IRWD Wins Innovation Award For Energy Storage ProgramThe IRWD Energy Storage Project was recently selected as a winner at the 6th Annual Golden Hub of Innovation Awards by the Association of California Cities - Orange County (ACC-OC). The Golden Hub of Innovation Awards recognizes local agencies, cities and...
irwd-professionals-assure-water-quality-2
IRWD Professionals Assure Water QualityWhen it comes to delivering safe water to our customers, the bottom line is that Irvine Ranch Water District meets or exceeds all state and federal guidelines for drinking water. Ensuring that quality on a day-to-day basis is the primary responsibility...
posters-chosen-for-annual-contest
Posters Chosen for Annual ContestFive posters created by students who attend school in the Irvine Ranch Water District service area were selected for judging in the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California’s “Water is Life” poster contest. IRWD judges selected the posters from among many...